The community garden has been open since Jan 2013 and surrounds the community hub at 132 Shawbridge Street The garden space is open to anyone who would like to spend some time participating in a positive community project. Sessions with our trained gardener Angela run every Friday morning usually from March till November and you can come along for the whole morning or just for an hour or two. There are lots of positive benefits from being involved in the garden:
- Learning how to grow vegetables and flowers
- Finding out about the environment and the wildlife in the garden
- Meeting new friends
- Getting exercise in the fresh air
- Reducing stress
- Accessing free freshly picked produce
- A sense of personal satisfaction and purpose
- Being part of something positive.
Volunteers who took part in our 2016 season reported at least one of the above benefits. Even if you don’t want to take part in the garden sessions, why not pop in and have a look around or just sit and enjoy some peace and quiet, or watch the wildlife in a nice green space!